Friday, April 1, 2016

Research snippet

a) I've mentioned this before but Papers Past is a brilliant brilliant thing and all my thanks to the people who made it happen (I did say this in person. But can't be said enough)

b) Reading about Maori soldiers (and how they were viewed locally in New Zealand) in WWI, I came across this gem. I think the best bit is where the guy reports some Swiss dude (ok, granted some Swiss dudes know how to climb mts) *taught* a Nepali lad the art of climbing. 

Because obviously what Nepalis who guide mountaineers don't know how to do is climb mountains smile emoticon 

c) distractions abound! You may note this has nothing to do with the actual subject I"m researching (a) but olden times newspapers are such a wonder!

Here's the link to the story about Zurbriggen's Axe

No comments:

Post a Comment